Burrell School’s origins date back to 1854 when Lyman J. Burrell settled the rough wilderness that is now home to our winery and Estate vines. Carrying on the more than 130 year old tradition at the School, David and Anne Moulton began development of the Estate vineyard in 1973. At a 1,600 foot elevation, the site faces to the southwest. Soils are a complex mixture of loam and shale due to our close proximity to the San Andreas Fault.
Every week we select five wines to uncork for your tasting pleasure
- Quinta Cruz 2013 Albarino
- Alfaro Family 2013 Gruner Veltliner
- Santa Cruz Mountain Vineyard 2011 Pinot Noir
- Zayante Vineyard 2010 “Clos Du Z”
- Left Bend 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Learn more about the wines on this week’s tasting menu